Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 545 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place pork chops in a stockpot and pour in enough water to cover. Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and rinse any residue on pork chops with cold water.
- Return pork chops to stockpot and pour in enough cold water to take up twice the space as the pork chops. Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 3 hours.
- Place dates in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover; soak for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Stir dates and ginger into the stockpot; add watercress and fish balls and simmer for 10 minutes. Skim off any scum from the top of the soup; season with salt.
- Cook's Notes:
- My favorite brand of fried fish balls is in the frozen aisle and it's made by Shung Kee Food®.
- If the water reduces too much, you may add more water to soup, just be careful that you don't add too much or you'll have bland soup. It should be about the same 2-to-1 ratio.
Per Serving: 545 calories; 22 g fat; 39 g carbohydrates; 49.6 g protein; 142 mg cholesterol; 485 mg sodium. Full nutrition