Radicchio and Butter Lettuce Salad with Blueberries and Kale Chips
made it | 0 reviews |
"I came up with this salad trying to get as many veggies in at the end of a day as possible while adding some crunch and protein, because I had not had any all that day. So I ended up taking a bunch of things I liked and mixing them up with my favorite dressing: olive oil and vinegar with salt and pepper to taste. I think it turned out great! I liked it so much I ate the whole bowl! I hope you'll try it and see what you think."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 403 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread kale on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over kale; season with seasoned salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Place kale chips on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool under running water. Peel off shell and slice egg.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Place bacon slices on paper towels to drain excess oil. Crumble.
- Toss radicchio, butter lettuce, avocado, red onion, tomato, radishes, and mushrooms together in a large bowl. Add egg slices, bacon crumbles, and blueberries; toss again. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and lemon pepper; toss one more time. Scatter kale chips on top.
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to play around with the ingredient amounts, especially if you don't like so much onion or mushroom. I tend to put a little more in because I like them.
Per Serving: 403 calories; 32.9 g fat; 18 g carbohydrates; 11.9 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 777 mg sodium. Full nutrition