Pasta with Braised Beef and Baby Arugula
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 11 m servings 658 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Cook in the hot oil, seasoned-side down, until browned and crusty, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in the Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour in red wine; scrape browned bits off the bottom of the Dutch oven using a wooden spoon. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer to cook off alcohol, about 15 minutes.
- Return short ribs to the Dutch oven, ensuring they are mostly covered with liquid. Cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef comes off the bone when pulled with a fork, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Fill serving bowls with pasta. Scatter arugula on top. Spoon beef with juices over arugula. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Per Serving: 658 calories; 38.7 g fat; 37.5 g carbohydrates; 27.7 g protein; 123 mg cholesterol; 452 mg sodium. Full nutrition