Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 24 m servings 1585 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butternut squash, parsnip, and onion; cook and stir until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 cloves garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan. Add coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cayenne powder, and Chinese five-spice powder. Simmer until butternut squash is very soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; drain excess liquid. Let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir butter into butternut squash mixture. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toss kale, walnuts, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until kale starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Combine kale mixture, 1/2 cup light olive oil, lemon juice, 3 cloves garlic, agave nectar, and red pepper flakes in a food processor; blend into a chunky paste.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, and thyme in a large oven-proof skillet; heat over medium-high heat until lightly smoking. Season veal chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cook in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven; roast chops until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide butternut squash puree between 2 large serving plates. Place 1 chop on each place; top with a heaping tablespoon of kale pesto.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute chicken stock for water in the puree if desired.
- Use pork chops in place of the veal chops if desired.
Per Serving: 1585 calories; 139.1 g fat; 67.3 g carbohydrates; 33.9 g protein; 154 mg cholesterol; 2039 mg sodium. Full nutrition