Papaya Bread with a Twist
"I was trying to use up some papaya and ripe bananas and found a papaya bread recipe that I could easily modify. I loved the idea of adding ginger to give it a bit of a bite. It turned out amazing and I've had several requests for the recipe already! Enjoy. Serve at room temperature or warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 324
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 5x7-inch loaves)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease two 5x7-inch loaf pans.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat until lightly fluffy. Beat in bananas, papaya, raisins, walnuts, and crystallized ginger until batter is smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and baking powder together in a separate bowl. Mix gradually into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you want a richer, heavier bread, replace 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 cup sour cream.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 15.5 43.2 5.1 77 420 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1