Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients52 m servings 284 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; cook and stir until onion is translucent and celery and carrot are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth, water, and quinoa into the saucepan. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with juice, black beans, and corn. Bring back to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until black beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Red kidney, pinto, or cannellini beans may be substituted for black beans.
- I usually don't add meat but cooked, cut-up chicken or ground beef can also be added.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 3.7 g fat; 49 g carbohydrates; 15.1 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 746 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is quite delicious. We're always happy to find a soup without meat because it is an appetizer for us. It's not too spicy for the kids and just spicy enough to keep you warm. I'll add a bit ...