Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
Ingredients44 m servings 389
- Stir chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and cornstarch together in a large bowl.
- Heat a wok or large saucepan over high heat. Swirl in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Spread chicken mixture in a single layer over the surface of the wok; cook for 1 minute. Flip and toss chicken. Spread out again; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the wok over medium heat. Add light green part of the scallions, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until fragrant and softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir 4 tablespoons soy sauce, cauliflower rice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the wok. Cook until cauliflower starts to crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir peas and carrots into the wok. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the wok; pour in beaten eggs. Stir eggs with a spatula until scrambled, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, dark green parts of the scallions, pineapple, peanuts, and rice vinegar.
- Cook's Notes:
- Chicken can be marinated for 1 to 6 hours if desired.
- If you can't find cauliflower rice at the store, you can make it at home. Remove the core from a 2-pound cauliflower and cut it into large florets. Pulse florets in a food processor in batches until finely chopped, 8 to 10 long pulses per batch.
- Substitute canned pineapple for the fresh pineapple if desired.
Per Serving: 389 calories; 21.3 25 28.5 137 1977 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
First time making cauliflower rice; VERY good. Prep is time consuming, but result was worth it. Used yellow sweet pepper instead of carrots—good. Had various garlic-related items in the fridge ...
Lol how do you say good in Chinese? I was skeptical at first cause this sounded like something served in a restaurant in a gentrified neighborhood but it’s really good. I would like to note it t...
Pretty much stuck to the recipe. The only thing I may change the next time is make the cauliflower rice separately and put the chicken and veggies on top instead of mixing it all together. I di...
I halved the recipe but the next time I’ll only half the chicken and cauliflower and leave the rest as is so it’ll have a greater flavor profile. It was great!
Pretty nice recipe. I made my own "rice" but left in the core because it adds crunch and eliminates waste. I used romanesco cauliflower so it was a beautiful green color. The method is quite sim...
It was all right. Not as weird as I thought the combination would be, but there is really a lot going on. I'm pretty shocked by the amount of soy sauce that goes into this though, and I feel lik...