Ingredients1 h servings 768 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toast one bun until golden brown, then place in blender and chop until fine to create crumbs.
- Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl and add milk. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, eggs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to the bread crumb mixture and combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 golf ball-sized meatballs, and place on an oiled baking pan.
- Bake meatballs in oven for 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, heat marinara in a large pot over medium-high heat. Place the cooked meatballs in the marinara and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the remaining buns, then evenly distribute arugula or spinach, meatballs and mozzarella onto each bun.
- Garnish with chopped basil and/or crushed red pepper and serve.
Per Serving: 768 calories; 34 g fat; 75.2 g carbohydrates; 35.7 g protein; 143 mg cholesterol; 1363 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are good, but the arugula has a rather peppery bite. I would suggest if greenery is desired to use spinach. I missed the part about toasting a bun and using it for breadcrumbs...oops... it...
These were very tasty moist meatballs. Simple to make for a weekday dinner. I left the arugula/spinach off since some of the family doesn't like greens.