Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 897
- Combine salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, crushed red pepper, peppercorns, bay leaf, and lime/orange zest and juices in a bowl.
- Place sliced onions and garlic cloves in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with pork shoulder and pour juice and spice mixture over the meat. Set slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, remove pork from cooker and let cool slightly. Then shred cooked pork into thick chunks using 2 forks. Pour remaining juices over pork to keep warm.
- Preheat a panini press according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spread Dijon mustard on both sides of each hamburger bun. Then layer from bottom to top with pickles, red onions, 1/2 cup pulled pork per sandwich, sliced ham and Swiss cheese.
- Brush outsides of buns with olive oil and place in panini press until cheese is melted.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the pulled pork. The actual amount of pulled pork consumed is 1/2 cup per serving.
Per Serving: 897 calories; 52.3 38.5 68.3 230 2851 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I love Cuban Sandwiches, so, I was excited to try this recipe! The pork was very flavorful and so tender! I made exactly as prepared except I didn't use the red onion because I forgot them. ...
I made a dijon mayo and used bread and butter pickles instead. It was absolutely delicious and easy!
Oh my, this was delicious! I made the meat the day before, which made assembly super easy the next day. The meat, itself was wonderful, but combined with all the other ingredients, it was just a...