Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 897 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, crushed red pepper, peppercorns, bay leaf, and lime/orange zest and juices in a bowl.
- Place sliced onions and garlic cloves in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with pork shoulder and pour juice and spice mixture over the meat. Set slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, remove pork from cooker and let cool slightly. Then shred cooked pork into thick chunks using 2 forks. Pour remaining juices over pork to keep warm.
- Preheat a panini press according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spread Dijon mustard on both sides of each hamburger bun. Then layer from bottom to top with pickles, red onions, 1/2 cup pulled pork per sandwich, sliced ham and Swiss cheese.
- Brush outsides of buns with olive oil and place in panini press until cheese is melted.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the pulled pork. The actual amount of pulled pork consumed is 1/2 cup per serving.
Per Serving: 897 calories; 52.3 g fat; 38.5 g carbohydrates; 68.3 g protein; 230 mg cholesterol; 2851 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I loved this recipe. The pork came out so flavorful and delicious (I just dumped all the crockpot ingredients on top of the roast, and then proceeded to cook). The ballpark buns held up very nic...