Ingredients35 m servings 441
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil on medium-low heat.
- Saute crushed garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Split each bun in half and brush with olive oil and garlic mix. Top with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking pan, lightly toast the buns in preheated oven, oiled side up, for 3 to 5 minutes and then remove.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Mix together diced tomatoes, onions, basil and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute mozzarella and shredded Parmesan over each bun half. Place in oven for 5 to 7 minutes till cheese melts and starts to brown. Remove from oven.
- Evenly sprinkle the diced tomato mix over each bun half.
- Top with balsamic glaze or serve with side of marinara for dipping.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 29.2 19.2 25 57 734 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious! Bruschetta like garlic bread. I simmered garlic in oil on very low heat for 10 min as directed and result was a very flavorful oil. Only negative was directions state to add olive oil...
What a great way to use up that left over bun that always seems to be hanging around without a hot dog to go into it! These made for a tasty appetizer for dinner tonight. Word of caution though ...
We LOVED this simple and delicious recipe! Great combo of flavors and the garlic oil just put this over the top in combination with the onion/tomato/basil mixture. A definite keeper~~YUM!!!!! T...