Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 33 m servings 352 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, and salt together in a microwave-safe bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat well; cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place bitter melon slices in a bowl of salted water. Let soak for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Stir bitter melon and onion into the chicken mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on medium heat for 4 minutes. Uncover; pour in eggs. Cover bowl and cook until eggs are set, about 2 minutes. Remove from microwave; let stand for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Divide rice between 2 serving bowls. Top with chicken and egg mixture. Garnish with myoga.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 5.9 g fat; 48.1 g carbohydrates; 21.2 g protein; 193 mg cholesterol; 621 mg sodium. Full nutrition