Ahi Poke Bowl with Rice Crackers
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 11 m servings 824 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Rinse rice in a strainer until water runs clear; drain well. Combine with water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Place red onion in a dish. Stir in lime juice and salt. Let stand until pickled, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry rice paper quarters in the hot oil until crisp, 15 to 20 seconds. Drain crackers on paper towels.
- Place tuna in a bowl. Add pickled red onions, olive oil, and soy sauce; stir to coat tuna.
- Scoop rice into a serving bowl. Top with tuna mixture. Fan out cucumber slices on top of tuna. Garnish with chile pepper, green onion, and sesame seeds. Serve with rice paper crackers and lime wedge.
- Cook's Note:
- Use a mandoline slicer to get uniformly thin slices of cucumber and Fresno chile pepper.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Consuming raw seafood may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
Per Serving: 824 calories; 51.4 g fat; 56.6 g carbohydrates; 35 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 1523 mg sodium. Full nutrition