Taiwanese Spicy Beef Noodle Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 482
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place beef in a stockpot and pour in enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and drain.
- Pour vegetable oil into a slow cooker; add beef, 8 cups water, beef broth, soy sauce, rice wine, green onions, brown sugar, garlic, chile peppers, chile paste, ginger, star anise, and Chinese five-spice powder.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Transfer beef to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Strain broth into a bowl. Discard solids.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add bok choy for 30 seconds. Remove and run under cold water. Cook udon noodles in the boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls and top with beef, baby bok choy, and broth. Top with Chinese pickled mustard greens.
- Cook's Note:
- Add or subtract the chile and chile paste to taste.
Per Serving: 482 calories; 22 41.5 27 63 2366 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1