Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 490 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. Pour in milk and heavy cream. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles. Spoon 1/3 of the beef mixture over the noodles. Spread 1/4 of the tomato sauce and 1/3 of the white sauce over the beef mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, herbes de Provence, and garlic powder on top. Cover with 1/3 of the Swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers twice, starting with noodles and ending with cheeses.
- Bake lasagna in the preheated oven until top is deeply browned, 30 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 29.2 g fat; 29.2 g carbohydrates; 28.2 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 539 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This lasagna doesn't layer up as high as some others but the flavor is awesome!!! I did add nutmeg to the béchamel .
I loved the white sauce. Next time I will make this in a smaller pan to make it a little thicker but this recipe is a keeper.