Ingredients1 h servings 238 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- Mix blackberries, cinnamon, and lemon juice together in a bowl until coated. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and baking powder together in a separate bowl; stir in milk and butter. Spoon batter over blackberry mixture, covering as much as possible.
- Stir remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch together in a bowl; stir in boiling water until sugar and cornstarch are dissolved. Pour mixture over berry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use frozen berries instead of fresh.
- I keep a frozen lemon in a resealable bag in the freezer. When a recipe calls for a small amount of lemon juice, I grate some of this lemon and use that - peel and all.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 4.4 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 88 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used frozen blackberries that I had flash frozen. Don't know if it was supposed to come out like a pudding but mine didn't. It was more like a watery sauce. The cobbler part was golden brown a...
I liked the flavor of the dessert but it was entirely too runny. If I make it again I will probably toss my berries in flour first. I may also use more cornstarch. That may help it thicken some....