Rosemary and Lemon Blackberry Bars
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 319 cals
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- Combine 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour, oats, 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; mix with a fork to make a crumbly topping. Place in the refrigerator.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and confectioners' sugar in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest, rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a separate bowl. Add to the creamed butter mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing well after each addition, until a thick dough forms.
- Spread dough in the bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange blackberries evenly on top. Stir crumb topping and sprinkle evenly over blackberries. Press down gently to pack topping down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 1 hour.
- Lift bars out of the pan using the parchment paper edges. Cut into 12 pieces using a long serrated knife.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute all-purpose flour for the white whole wheat flour if preferred.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 20.3 g fat; 31.3 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 145 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1