Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 1348
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a rectangular baking dish large enough to fit the fish fillets in a single layer.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in plum tomatoes and red bell pepper; simmer until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato puree; cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir salt, bouillon cube, oregano, cinnamon, pepper, and bay leaves into the saucepan. Cook until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Add olives and capers; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove sauce from heat.
- Melt butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper; cook in the hot butter until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Lay fish fillets in the baking dish in a single layer; cover with sauce. Arrange sliced peppers on top. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute jalapeno pepper slices for the banana peppers if preferred.
Per Serving: 1348 calories; 62.5 11 176 562 1606 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1