Ingredients1 h 33 m servings 347
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add poblano peppers. Brush peppers with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Roast poblano peppers in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; flip and continue roasting until skin is charred and flesh is soft, about 20 minutes more.
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let steam for 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap and peel the skins from the peppers and remove seeds and stems. Cut peppers into strips.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook corn kernels until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add poblano pepper strips and corn; season with chicken bouillon granules and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cream and manchego cheese; simmer until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Mexican manchego is very different than Spanish manchego. It can be replaced with Chihuahua cheese, another Mexican variety. In a pinch you can use a mild Cheddar cheese.
- The poblano peppers can also be cooked over a gas flame on the stovetop. Turn your burner to medium and arrange peppers over the flame using tongs. Roast, turning the peppers with the tongs until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 29.1 13 9.2 71 674 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Using Manchengo Cheese and heavy whipping cream is a twist on a traditional recipe. A twist so good that even hubby, who does not like the traditional recipe, gobbled it up. Great recipe, than...
I added some cubed cooked potatoes and used sour cream instead of whipping cream.