Kid-Tested, Nut-Free Granola Bars
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 16 m servings 157
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, spelt flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, honey, banana, egg, and dates in a blender; blend until very smooth. Pour over the oat mixture and mix well.
- Scoop granola mixture into the pan. Press down firmly with wet hands to spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into bars. Cool completely before lifting from the pan, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you do not have parchment paper on hand, grease the pan very well before adding the granola.
- I used spelt flour because I like the mild taste and added nutrition, but nearly any flour would likely work, including wheat. For a gluten-free option, amaranth, millet, quinoa, sorghum, and gluten-free oat flours would all work well.
- Things you can add in step 3 include sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, raisins, dried blueberries, or crystallized ginger. My kids' favorite combination is mini chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 2.1 32.4 4.1 12 81 Full nutrition