Ingredients43 m servings 248
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spread baguette slices on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir red onion until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely soft, about 10 minutes. Uncover and pour in red wine; increase heat and stir constantly until wine evaporates, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Bake baguette slices in the preheated oven until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and horseradish together in a bowl.
- Spread mayonnaise-horseradish mixture over baguette slices; cover with onion and roast beef.
- Cook's Note:
- Look for lean and medium rare roast beef.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 10.6 26.3 11 17 622 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Everyone loved these and they look very fancy. I added about 2 tsp of garlic paste and very fine rosemary to the mayo spread. I also added a tiny bit of red wine vinegar to the onions at the ver...
Wow, these are amazing and super easy! I used creamed mild horseradish and placed a spinach leaf on about half of them (top of horseradish) for some added colour. Awesome - will be my go to appy...
Great meal my only changes were a thin layer of garlic butter on the bread before it was toasted and put some shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Wife loved it and will do it again for guests !!