Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 9 m servings 342
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in turmeric for 1 to 2 minutes. Add chuck cubes; cook until coated in turmeric and browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a separate pot over medium heat. Add spinach, green onions, parsley, cilantro, chives, and fenugreek leaves; cook and stir until deep dark green in color, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir spinach mixture into the onion and chuck mixture. Pour in enough water to create a slurry consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in lemon juice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer stew until greens soften, about 1 hour.
- Pierce dried limes with a fork and add to the stew. Continue simmering until chuck is tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir in red kidney beans. Cook until flavors combine, about 30 minutes. Discard dried limes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note
- Substitute lamb stew meat for the chuck roast if preferred.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 22.5 18.1 18.3 51 225 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I Absolutely Love this recipe. My father is Persian and cooks this all the time and it is one of my all time favorites soups. Thankyou so much for this recipe. Now , I can continue to make it...