Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 348
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and cover with warm water; let soak, about 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out water from mushrooms; slice.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler on high. Place mochi on a baking sheet.
- Broil mochi, turning frequently, until inflated, crisp, and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch strips.
- Combine water and dashi-no-moto in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until dashi is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, and salt; simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Mix shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, daikon radish, and bamboo shoots into chicken mixture; simmer until vegetables are tender and shrimp is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Divide mochi strips among 4 bowls and top with soup. Garnish soup with kamaboko slices.
- Cook's Note:
- You should be able to find all the ingredients at an Asian grocer. Some of the ingredients are interchangeable with what you have available but the mochi is the main and most important ingredient.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 1.7 63.5 20.5 63 189 Full nutrition