Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 75 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 pieces)
- Combine mochiko and sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in milk, water, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave at 1-minute intervals, stirring after interval, until mochiko mixture turns gelatinous, about 5 minutes.
- Dust a loaf pan with 1 tablespoon kinako; pour in mochiko mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut loaf into 16 pieces. Dust pieces with remaining 1 tablespoon kinako.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 cup artificial sweetener for the sugar if desired.
- Substitute 1/4 cup cocoa powder for the vanilla extract to make chocolate mochi.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 0.5 g fat; 15.4 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 7 mg sodium. Full nutrition