Ingredients32 m servings 387
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray the inside of 8 (4- or 5-inch) ramekins with cooking spray.
- Heat sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Place sausage in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir, breaking up sausage into small pieces as it browns and loses its pink color, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Line the bottom of prepared ramekins with a "nest" of cooked spaghetti, making sure the bottom is covered. Divide cooked sausage among the ramekins on top of pasta. Top with about 1/3 cup sauce, ensuring sausage is covered. Sprinkle enough mozzarella on top to cover.
- Bake "nests" in preheated oven until cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Allow to sit for five minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- This is fun to play around with. You could also "feather" the nest with some freshly chopped basil. The sauce is so flavorful, it doesn't' need extra seasoning which makes this a very simple and delicious meal to put together!
Per Serving: 387 calories; 11.6 53 17.5 26 720 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
This is a fun way to make spaghetti. I bet kids would love to have little nests of their own. I used chicken hot italian sausage from Sprouts. Also I added hot pepper flakes, because we love spi...
Very easy to get together on a busy weeknight. The individual portion size is a great idea and kids will love having their own dish. I topped mine with some fresh basil.
For a dish with so few ingredients this was one of the best meals we’ve had in a long time. The directions called for baking the pasta nests in 4-5 ramekins but I opted to bake them in two mini ...
Great dish, easy, quick to make and the concept of an individual serving is really interesting. This is for sure going to be a quick escape for the those evening when I don't want to cook for t...
Delicious! Love the individual serving idea. I used barilla tomato basil sauce. Decided to toss spaghetti with a tad bit a butter and Parmesan before placing in ramekin. Husband finished every ...
Very quick and easy! After assembling the first one the next 3 I decided to toss the spaghetti with some marinara first. We preferred the later better. The layer of mozzarella cheese was key and...
This recipe is so simple yet so good! I added in some grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese to the pasta for an extra kick! This is the perfect weeknight meal!