Ingredients25 m servings 491 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and bell pepper. Cook until softened, 3 or 4 minutes; stir in garlic. Add white wine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in canned clams, 1/2 of the reserved clam juice, and chicken broth. Arrange fresh clams on the sauce. Bring to a low simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until clam shells open, 5 or 6 minutes. Discard clams that do not open. Stir in basil pesto and shrimp. Heat through until shrimp are bright pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and chopped basil.
- Distribute linguine among serving bowls; spoon clams, shrimp, and sauce over pasta. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Cook's Note:
- Chicken broth or water can be substituted for white wine.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 13.3 g fat; 49.6 g carbohydrates; 37.3 g protein; 149 mg cholesterol; 419 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
You know what I really liked about this dish? The pesto didn't over-power the dish like it can sometimes do. We loved that there was a lot of "juice" that we could soak up with some crusty bread...
What a great recipe! My husband and I both enjoyed this very much. I was concerned that either the pesto or the clam flavor would overpower the dish but neither of them did. It was a perfect bal...