Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 381
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon in a spice grinder; pulse until finely ground.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; add half of the ground spices and rice. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer rice mixture to a rice cooker and add coconut milk, water, turmeric, and salt.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add remaining ground spices, tomatoes, carrot, and salt; mix well.
- Cook rice according to manufacturer's instructions. Pause cooking halfway through and mix in tomato mixture. Continue cooking until rice is tender.
You might also like
Per Serving: 381 calories; 17.4 52.4 7.2 11 101 Full nutrition