Easy Fried Scallops
Ingredients19 m servings 769
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Immerse 4 or 5 scallops in the bowl of buttermilk. Transfer to the flour mixture; roll around until thickly coated.
- Lower scallops gently into the hot oil. Cook until golden and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of buttermilk and flour. The actual amount of buttermilk and flour consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 769 calories; 30.6 84.7 36.7 83 1915 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I've been looking for a good recipe for scallops and I now think I have my go-to! Unfortunately I did not have any buttermilk so needed to use milk and lemon juice. I added just a bit of corn s...
These were good but I did have trouble with the breading staying on. I fried them in a skillet but I think they would have worked better in a deep fryer. The entire scallop submerged in hot oil ...