Easy Fried Scallops
Ingredients19 m servings 769
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Immerse 4 or 5 scallops in the bowl of buttermilk. Transfer to the flour mixture; roll around until thickly coated.
- Lower scallops gently into the hot oil. Cook until golden and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of buttermilk and flour. The actual amount of buttermilk and flour consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 769 calories; 30.6 84.7 36.7 83 1915 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was very easy to put together. Some of the other reviews noted the breading came off in the oil. My solution was to double dredge, and it worked perfectly.
I've been looking for a good recipe for scallops and I now think I have my go-to! Unfortunately I did not have any buttermilk so needed to use milk and lemon juice. I added just a bit of corn s...
These were good but I did have trouble with the breading staying on. I fried them in a skillet but I think they would have worked better in a deep fryer. The entire scallop submerged in hot oil ...