Gluten-Free Pizza Crust or Flatbread
Ingredients1 h servings 1632
- Whisk water and sugar together in a bowl. Whisk in yeast. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine gluten-free flour, rice flour, Italian seasoning, xanthan gum, gelatin, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whisk vinegar and olive oil into the yeast mixture; pour over flour mixture. Mix on high speed until a wet, sticky dough forms, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet. Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top; smooth out dough to fill the baking sheet. Let dough rest, about 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough puffs up, 5 to 10 minutes. Peel parchment paper off the top. Continue baking until dough is golden brown and edges are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The recipe for my gluten-free flour mix is on this site.
- Use any kind of herbs you like.
- After baking, add whatever toppings and cheese you like and return to the oven until the toppings are heated through and cheese melts.
Per Serving: 1632 calories; 51.5 276.9 37.5 0 1306 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made this using tom sawyer blend. I was very happy with the crust and I have tried many thin crust recipes over the past 25 years. Only suggestions are: maybe omit the xanthan if the blend ...
Gluten free brothers and sisters gather 'round. I believe we have a winner! This recipe is quite accurate and obviously well thought out. I used the submitter's flour mix and, even though I norm...
I used a mix of garbanzo bean, potato, and sorghum flours. No xanthum gum or gelatin. No parchment paper; just pressed out on a pizza stone sprayed with Pam and baked for about 20 minutes; coole...
I made this tonight, and totally buggered it up because I didn't follow the instructions well - hello doughy middle. However, the result was so very tasty that my husband preferred the gluten fr...
This is amazing crust!! Great flavor and texture. I'm a baker who had to cut out gluten. I'm relearning to bake again. I'm putting this on the charcoal grill and making a pizza. Try it, you will...