Spicy Shrimp Baba Ghanoush Flatbread
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 875
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 large wraps)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Preheat a charcoal grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Poke several holes in the eggplant with a knife.
- Grill eggplant, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper until skin starts to blacken and flesh softens, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet. Chop red bell pepper and green bell peppers.
- Bake eggplant in the preheated oven until soft, about 20 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Peel off skin. Mash flesh into a coarse paste.
- Combine mashed eggplant, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Arrange flatbreads on a baking sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons eggplant puree and 1 teaspoon pesto on top of each flatbread. Top with 1/4 cup red bell pepper, 1/4 cup green bell pepper, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese are melted, about 5 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with Cajun seasoning in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Cook shrimp in the hot oil until opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Divide shrimp and tomato slices among flatbreads. Cut into slices or wrap up and serve with remaining eggplant puree on the side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I used Anderval's basil pesto recipe from this site (without the parsley) and it was delicious!
Per Serving: 875 calories; 51.6 40.4 66.6 264 1779 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1