Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 470
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 6-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 6-inch baking pan.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet.
- Toast almonds in the preheated oven until they turn golden brown and become fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in yogurt and eggs. Mix in flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Fold 1/2 cup toasted almonds and dates into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup toasted almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a richer bread, substitute sour cream for the yogurt.
- This can also be baked in a 8x4-inch loaf pan.
Per Serving: 470 calories; 19.2 68.9 8.4 80 415 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1