Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 d 1 h 25 m servings 355
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix honey, cooking wine, hoisin sauce, kiwi, dark soy sauce, chile sauce, garlic, oyster sauce, and five-spice powder together in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork belly. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible.
- Place bag on a plate and marinate pork belly in the refrigerator, flipping occasionally, for at least 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C) with a rack in the upper third of the oven. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place pork belly on the wire rack, reserving marinade.
- Bake pork belly in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), about 1 hour. Remove pork belly from the oven; baste with reserved marinade.
- Move oven rack to the top position and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Broil pork until it is dark and glossy and the edges start to blacken, about 5 minutes. Flip and baste on the second side. Continue broiling until second side darkens and starts to blacken, about 5 minutes more. Slice with a sharp knife.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute maltose for the honey if you can find it.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 23.6 13 21.1 62 1809 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made exactly as the recipe specified with the exception of marinating 24 hours instead of 2 days. Super delicious recipe. Great flavor! This would probably be good seared on the grill at th...