Berry Almond Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 406
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in sour cream, almond extract, and vanilla extract until batter is smooth.
- Stir all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the batter; mix on low speed just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan. Scatter berries on top. Sprinkle sliced almonds and turbinado sugar over berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan; serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used raspberries and blackberries. Use other berries if you prefer.
- Cubing the butter will bring it to room temperature faster. Place eggs in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to bring them to room temperature faster.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 23.6 43.9 7.1 84 397 Full nutrition