Homemade Banana Split Ice Cream
made it | 0 reviews |
"I work at an ice cream parlor, and I can honestly say this ice cream will give any store-bought ice cream a run for its money! From start to finish this recipe takes about a day to make, however most of that time is for the ice cream base to chill before freezing in your ice cream maker as well as freezing it before serving."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 37 m servings 393 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 1/2 pints)
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until steaming, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of the hot cream. Pour egg and cream mixture back into the saucepan; cook and stir until mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes. Mix in banana and vanilla extract.
- Transfer mixture to the refrigerator; chill until very cold, at least 2 hours.
- Freeze cold mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a freezer-safe container; fold in maraschino cherries, strawberry jam, and chocolate syrup.
- Freeze ice cream until firm, about 4 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Because it uses only cream, this ice cream is extremely rich, so it's best to serve this in small portions.
- This recipe multiplies very easily.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 31.7 g fat; 25.8 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 211 mg cholesterol; 231 mg sodium. Full nutrition