Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 43 m servings 604
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 12-pound ham)
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high. Place jalapeno peppers on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until skin on the jalapenos is blackened and bubbling, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove jalapeno peppers from oven and place in a resealable plastic bag; set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully open the bag and remove jalapeno peppers; let sit until easily handled. Peel blackened skin from jalapeno peppers, slice open, remove the seeds, and mince the pepper.
- Combine jalapeno peppers, blackberries, water, brown sugar, honey, orange juice, orange-flavored liqueur, garlic, and orange zest in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering until glaze has reduced in size and is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes more. Mash the glaze with a potato masher until blackberries are broken down. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place the ham in a roasting pan and brush some of the glaze over the ham; cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with glaze every 20 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 3 hours. Remove ham from oven and brush with more glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
Per Serving: 604 calories; 42.1 10.5 42.2 127 2917 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
made for Thanksgiving 2018 and everyone wants a repeat for Christmas. Made as called for. ONLY thing was used fresh berries and 16oz. Loved the jalapeno "kicker" made sure I tasted the heat o...