Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 267 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine butter and honey in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Mix in bananas and vanilla extract.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and fleur de sel together in a separate bowl. Mix into the butter mixture until batter is combined.
- Whisk hot water into the batter. Fold in dark chocolate and walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes; invert onto a baking rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have fleur de sel or manuka honey, just substitute regular salt and honey. But trust me, the richness of the Manuka honey adds so much depth to this decadent banana bread.
- Be sure to watch for browning, as the honey will caramelize quickly.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 11.2 g fat; 40.8 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 386 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1