Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 21 m servings 365 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chicken schnitzel)
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place flour in a bowl. Beat eggs together in a separate bowl. Mix crushed oat cereal, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together in large resealable plastic bag.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour and dip into eggs, allowing excess egg to drip back into bowl. Transfer coated chicken to cereal mixture; seal bag and shake until evenly coated. Place coated chicken on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; fry chicken until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and squeeze lemon over each.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 17 g fat; 24.4 g carbohydrates; 31.8 g protein; 162 mg cholesterol; 435 mg sodium. Full nutrition