Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 302 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a deep 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Place 1 cup sugar and butter in a separate bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in milk and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix until batter is well blended and thick, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread batter in the prepared baking dish; arrange cherries on top. Drizzle cherry juice over the cherries. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup sugar over the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The most time-consuming part of the prep work is pitting the cherries. This is easily done by slicing the cherry along its equator with a sharp knife and twisting the two halves. To remove the pit from the half with the cherry, put the edge of the blade into the pit and pull it out.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 8.7 g fat; 54.1 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 245 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1