2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 389
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch loaf)
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Combine milk and margarine in a 1-quart saucepan; heat over low heat until milk is very warm and margarine is mostly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Beat milk mixture into the flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 cups flour; beat until a soft dough forms. Switch to the dough hook and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Turn over to coat. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Gently punch down dough to deflate. Let rise until doubled again, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- Gently punch down dough and roll into a circular shape. Transfer to the baking pan.
- Mix Muenster cheese, egg, and egg yolk together in a bowl. Spread over dough in the baking pan. Gather up dough in 1 1/2-inch pleats. Squeeze pleats together gently and twist to make a topknot.
- Let dough rest, 10 to 15 minutes. Brush with egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 1 hour.
You might also like
Per Serving: 389 calories; 20.6 35.1 15.5 69 734 Full nutrition