Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients32 m servings 356 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Mix rice wine, soy sauce paste, soy sauce, sugar, and white pepper together in a bowl.
- Mix ground pork with brine from cucumbers together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add pork mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Push pork and shallots to the sides of the skillet, making a space in the center. Add garlic, ginger, and star anise; stir.
- Pour water into the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer until sauce reduces to about 1 cup. Stir in chopped cucumbers. Stir in rice wine mixture; cook until flavors combine, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Top pork mixture with sesame oil and green onions.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1/8 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice powder for the ground star anise if desired.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 23.8 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 22.3 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 1282 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1