Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 303
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Hold tofu over the sink and gently squeeze out moisture. Blot surface dry with a paper towel (do not press). Slice tofu crosswise into 6 rectangular slabs. Slice slabs in half to create 12 squares, then cut squares in half diagonally to create 24 triangles.
- Pour soy sauce on a plate. Mix together bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powders, and thyme on a second plate. Set out a third plate. Dip each tofu piece in soy sauce, turning to coat; dredge in bread-crumb mixture, sprinkling tops with mixture and turning to coat. Set coated tofu on third plate.
- Spray a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Working in batches of about 8 pieces, cook tofu, flipping with a thin spatula and spraying skillet between batches, until crisp and browned on most sides, about 5 minutes per batch.
- For the dipping sauce, stir mustard, syrup, and oil together with a fork in a small bowl until smooth. If too thick, stir in warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until pourable.
- Cook's Note:
- When dredging tofu in crumb mixture, use your dry hand to handle tofu in crumbs; otherwise you'll get a crumb mitten.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 13.8 34.4 12.8 0 1279 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had a hard time getting the bread crumb mixture to stick to the tofu, I had to basically pack it on. The sauce was good but I increased the maple syrup and decreased Dijon mustard for my taste...