Rice Flour Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes (Gluten Free)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients33 m servings 194
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer on high speed until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix rice flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and baking soda into creamed butter mixture and mix on low speed until flour is moistened; increase speed to medium and mix until there are no longer lumps. Reduce mixer speed to low and add milk; mix until batter is well blended. Fill each prepared muffin cup with about 3 tablespoons batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Cinnamon buttercream is my preferred frosting for these cupcakes, but you could do spicy chocolate, plain chocolate, or vanilla frosting, too.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 9.2 25.9 2.8 52 82 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Still fairly new to baking with rice flour, but I had a a lot that needed to be used so I tried my hand at this. I also had some plain low-fat yogurt to use up, so I subbed it for the milk. I us...