Ingredients54 m servings 297
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook peppers until just soft, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add chicken and 1 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes. Chop or shred chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in the same skillet over medium heat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix onion mixture, black beans, tomato sauce, and cauliflower rice into the bowl of chicken. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Fill the bell pepper halves with the chicken mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Top chicken mixture with Cheddar cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
- Mix Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning together in a bowl; serve over stuffed peppers.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe was created following the South Beach Diet® and is great for all 3 phases. For phase 2 and 3, cauliflower rice may be substituted with brown rice.
- You can use any variety of cheese in place of the Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 9.8 24.9 27.7 51 1048 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Very good recipe. I left out the cauliflower rice and cut down on the tomato sauce added (used 2/3 of the can). I also added a can of green chiles to add a little extra flavor.
I doubled the recipe and did half pinto beans and half black beans. Great recipe!
I loved this! I seasoned to taste instead of using the measurements. I added cayenne, salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning. I used ground chicken. Definitely will make this again!
I didn't have cauliflower rice so I substituted with white rice (so much for low carb!). It was good but I thought it was quite bland. I know it's a healthier dish but next time I'll throw in so...
Super tasty and filling. Love finding awesome low/no carb dishes like This! Thanks Nicole for posting it!