Lebanese Chicken Shawarma
Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 365 cals
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl. Mix in chicken strips. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Remove chicken from the bowl and arrange in a single layer on a broiling pan. Discard excess marinade.
- Broil chicken, turning once, until juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 13.4 g fat; 7.9 g carbohydrates; 51 g protein; 133 mg cholesterol; 480 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I wasn't sure what to expect because we had never had Shawarma before, but, this was very tasty! I ended up working late, so, the chicken marinated about 13 hours. It was very tender and the ...