Sarah's Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 434 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13 casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat; pour in mashed potato mix. Stir thoroughly with a fork to moisten all potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and carrots until onion is translucent and carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add kidney beans, peas, green beans, corn niblets, and mushrooms; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour tomato-bean mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly on top. Spread mashed potatoes carefully over cheese until completely covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling on the sides, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle French-fried onions on top. Continue baking until top is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
Per Serving: 434 calories; 19.7 g fat; 51.5 g carbohydrates; 13.8 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 1575 mg sodium. Full nutrition