Kartoffelsuppe nach Bayrischer Art (Bavarian Potato Soup)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 48 m servings 394
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place sausages in a small pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain. Cut into slices.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook potatoes in the hot oil, stirring often, until they start to crisp on the edges, about 8 minutes. Stir in carrots, onions, leek, scallions, and garlic.
- Dissolve vegetable bouillon in hot water; pour into the pot. Season soup with salt, black pepper, marjoram, paprika, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir sausage slices, parsley, and chives into the soup. Simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream just before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 celery stalk for the leek if preferred.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 11.1 65.8 10.9 12 524 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
2 links of sausage is vague. I used 14 ounces of kielbasa and that was perfect. My one recommendation is to use stock instead of the cube and water. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!