Kartoffelsuppe nach Bayrischer Art (Bavarian Potato Soup)
Ingredients1 h 48 m servings 394
- Place sausages in a small pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain. Cut into slices.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook potatoes in the hot oil, stirring often, until they start to crisp on the edges, about 8 minutes. Stir in carrots, onions, leek, scallions, and garlic.
- Dissolve vegetable bouillon in hot water; pour into the pot. Season soup with salt, black pepper, marjoram, paprika, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir sausage slices, parsley, and chives into the soup. Simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream just before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 celery stalk for the leek if preferred.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 11.1 65.8 10.9 12 524 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
2 links of sausage is vague. I used 14 ounces of kielbasa and that was perfect. My one recommendation is to use stock instead of the cube and water. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Very simple, delicious, and let’s make some more. I grated fresh nutmeg into the scrumptiousness. I served the soup with a dollop of fat free sour cream on top And sprinkled fresh cut chives o...