Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 597 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 10-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; line with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract. Beat in peanut butter slowly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Mix into the butter mixture, a little at a time, until batter is well blended. Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle peanuts on top. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Cool cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute crunchy peanut butter for the creamy peanut butter if preferred.
Per Serving: 597 calories; 35.1 g fat; 63 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 411 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question