Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 732 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 burgers)
- Combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic powder, and kosher salt in a bowl using your hands; shape into 5 patties about 3 inches across and 1 inch thick.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip patties and add onions to the skillet. Cook until patties are browned on the second side and onions are tender, about 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the patties should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking soda, white sugar, and salt together in a bowl; fold in chives. Cut shortening into flour mixture until crumbly. Gradually pour milk into mixture while stirring with a wooden spoon until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes; flatten into 1 inch thickness. Use a round cookie cutter or juice glass to cut into individual biscuits, pushing straight down and pulling straight up to maintain fluffiness while baking. Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 13 minutes.
- Slice biscuits open and place a burger on the bottom half of each biscuit; top with onion and mozzarella cheese. Place top half of the biscuit on top of the mozzarella cheese to create a sandwich.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe is very forgiving. Try seasoning to taste and experimenting with add-ins such as minced celery, teriyaki sauce, pineapple, or chili powder.
Per Serving: 732 calories; 35.8 g fat; 63.9 g carbohydrates; 36.9 g protein; 111 mg cholesterol; 1997 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1