Sugar Cookie Cups with Coconut Buttercream Frosting
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients36 m servings 232 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop up 2 teaspoons of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place the ball in the prepared tin. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Dip the bottom of a shot glass in flour and use to press each ball of dough into a cup shape; the top of each cup should be about 1/4 inch below the rim of the tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Press again with the shot glass to reinforce the cup shape. Continue baking cookie cups until very lightly browned, about 1 minute more. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well blended. Add coconut milk and coconut extract; beat at high speed until frosting is light and fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon coconut milk if frosting is too thick.
- Spoon or pipe frosting into each cookie cup. Decorate with colored sugar, candy sprinkles, and shredded coconut.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 12.1 g fat; 30.9 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 72 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The idea is adorable, however the frosting is super sweet and with the sugar cookie cup makes it a little too much to handle. I changed up the way it was put together by filling the shallow cups...