Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 677
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Mix in semolina and almonds.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating batter briefly between each addition. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Combine water, 3 cups sugar, cloves, and cinnamon in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves into a syrup. Pour syrup over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Let cake cool, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares.
Per Serving: 677 calories; 25.7 110.2 6.7 117 357 Full nutrition