Wheat Flour Halva
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients46 m servings 284
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small pot, stirring until sugar dissolves into a syrup. Stir rose water, cardamom, and saffron into the syrup. Reduce heat to low; cover to keep syrup hot.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour until mixture is a smooth paste, about 1 minute. Cook, stirring constantly, until paste turns brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove flour mixture from heat. Whisk in hot syrup gradually until syrup is completely absorbed and mixture is the consistency of a smooth, soft paste, at least 4 minutes.
- Spread mixture in a shallow bowl. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Vegetable oil can be used instead of butter.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 11.8 43 2.6 31 84 Full nutrition